Our alumni go on to a wide variety of careers and trajectories after completing their M.A. in Sociology at the University of Mississippi. Our students have gone on to Ph.D. programs in Sociology at Duke University, University of Texas, University of North Carolina, Tulane, and Florida State University, among others.
Some individual highlights include:
- Joe Brown, currently pursuing a Ph.D. at the University of Maryland studying student loan debt and structures of opportunity for African American students in post-secondary education.
- Robert Reece, currently pursuing a Ph.D. at Duke University studying the long-term macroeconomic effects of slavery and Jim Crow.
- Kurt Brummett, Research & Development Director for There Rivers Planning and Development District, in Pontotoc, Mississippi.
- Val Ross, associate Dean of Students at the University of Mississippi.
- Tiffiney Gray, Clinical Research Coordinator at the Center for the Advancement of Underserved Children at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Clark Casteel, senior program officer for the Danville Regional Foundation in Danville, North Carolina.
Click for a link to Sociology M.A. theses & internship projects.