Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Seminar
Dr. Kate McGurn Centellas, Director
July 1–August 10, 2024
Program is currently FULL.
Pre-Departure Seminar: T Th 4-5:15 PM, Lamar 518 OR via zoom. T will be primarily Aymara focused, Th will be background and logistics. We also will have several guest lectures via zoom from colleagues in Bolivia during the semester.
Here’s a nice write-up of the program: https://news.olemiss.edu/fulbright-hays-award-to-fund-study-abroad-project-in-bolivia/
Follow us on Instagram for more updates
We also will post additional materials and links here as we develop them over the semester and in Bolivia.
- A 6-week program designed for rising juniors and seniors in college who intend to enter international affairs/studies (broadly defined) or education.
- Run in partnership with the Universidad Mayor de San Andrés and the Universidad Católica Boliviana, La Paz
- Limited to 10 participants
- Students enroll in a 3 credit hour pre-departure seminar in Spring 2024
- Aymara language instruction is included in the program
- Priority will be given to first generation students or students of limited financial means, though all can apply.
- Program costs are entirely covered, with the exception of a visa fee, spending money, and health insurance (around $800 per participant).
- Students must have an intermediate level of Spanish to participate.